LIO DAC 2.0 Module
LIO DAC 2.0 is our new, statement-level LIO d/a converter module. It distinctly combines highly resolving, spacious and dynamic sound with a natural and emotionally engaging presentation. Music flows in an effortless manner that mirrors true analog playback with its seductive midrange and organic tonality.
All inputs feature isolation from the digital source, advanced FPGA buffering/re-clocking using premium “femto-clock” oscillators and ultra low-noise voltage regulation stages throughout. Pristine data feeds a dual-mono d/a implementation with independent, flagship AKM AK4497EQ converters per channel, each followed by a discrete Class-A output stage and positioned on dedicated circuit boards (a vertical stack of three separate boards minimizes both signal and power trace lengths).
LIO DAC 2.0 allows you to take full advantage of all your high resolution PCM (up to 32-bit / 768kHz) and DSD (up to native DSD512) music files, and also allows redbook CD files to sound rich and non-fatiguing with its NOS (non-oversampling), digital filterless playback mode. Add icing to the cake by combining LIO DAC 2.0 module with our optional tube output stages (including DHT PRE) to provide an even greater level of midrange richness and realism rarely found with digital playback.
LIO DAC 2.0 Features
- Bit-perfect playback at sampling rates up to 768kHz (16, 24, or 32 bit compatible), as well up to DSD512. Sample rates are viewable from front panel display*
- Dual-mono design, with one flagship AKM AK44497EQ d/a chip per channel
- Fully discrete, pure Class-A JFET analog outputs stage design with cascode constant-current source biasing (no opamps)
- On-board FPGA buffer and femto-reclocking circuitry negates effects of jitter. Isolated input stages.
- ‘NOS’ (non-oversampling) filter mode with digital filter bypass, as well as a Minimal Phase digital filter mode (selected via the “FILTER” button on the LIO Remote)
- Absolute polarity ‘normal’ / Absolute polarity ‘inverted’ (selected via the “PHASE” button on the LIO Remote)
- Numerous ultra-low noise, linear voltage regulators used throughout (for both digital and analog sections)
- “Silent” mute ‘reed relays’ (*barely* an audible click from the board when changing tracks of a different sample rate)
- Inputs: 1 USB, 1 Coax (75-ohm BNC, with included RCA adapter) and 1 TOSLINK (optical)
- Connect up to three devices and switch between them via LIO front panel or the remote handset
- Please note: If you already own LIO, in order to correctly display the following sample rates, it must be sent in for a free firmware update: PCM 705 and 768kHz, DSD256 and DSD512. LIO DAC 2.0 will work perfectly fine w/o the firmware update, but the sample rates listed above will not show correctly on LIO’s front panel display.
LIO DAC 2.0
|Output Voltage:||2.0V rms|
|Output Impedance:||< 100 ohms|
|Playback Bit Rates Accepted (PCM):||16, 24, 32|
|PCM Playback||Windows PC: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176, 192, 352, 384, 705, and 768kHz – driver included.
Mac OSX: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176, 192, 352, 384, 705, and 768kHz – no driver required.
Sonore: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176, 192, 352, 384, 705, and 768kHz
|DSD Playback||Windows PC: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, and DSD512 (both Native mode, and DoP) – driver included.
Mac OSX: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 (DoP) – no driver required.
Sonore: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, and DSD512 (both Native mode, and DoP)