The LIO AVC/Tubestage combo module combines our highly transparent autoformer attenuator with our seductive sounding Tubestage buffer to create a reference-level linestage that combines the best sonic attributes of both – true synergy at play!
The AVCs are hand-wound by David Slagle of Intact Audio. They simply sound more open, transparent, detailed, and dynamic than any other volume control available. Following this with our LIO Tubestage built onto the same module (keeping the signal path as short as possible) adds more tonal density and a larger soundstage into the equation.
The Tubestage features Class-A operation, auto-biasing, constant-current tube filament supply, precision voltage regulation, and other tweaks that make this a super low noise, high performance design that is exceeded in performance only by our Directly Heated Triode (DHT PRE) linestage. The result is a winning combination of high precision with the spaciousness and lifelike character that tubes are known for.
LIO AVC Features
- Attenuation range: -54db to +7db
- 1dB volume step size
- Full dual mono switching allows for L/R balance control with no additional circuitry
- Balance adjustments in 1dB steps via LIO remote control handset
LIO Tubestage Features
- Single-ended, Class-A design
- Auto-biasing (no adjustments needed)
- Auto-mute delay during tube warm-up (approx. 30 second)
- No DC-DC converters – only clean linear voltage regulation
AVC with Tubestage
|Included Tubes:||JJ E88CC (matched pair)|
|Accepted Tubes:||6922/E88CC, 6DJ8/ECC88, 7308/E188CC, 7DJ8/PCC88, 6N23, 6H23, 6N11, and 6GM8|
|Output impedance:||200 ohm|
|Frequency response:||10Hz – 110kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)|