L2 Signature Preamplifier
The L2 Signature Preamplifier is Vinnie Rossi’s new flagship design that creates an effortless connection between the listener and the music. Compatible with the most cherished of 4-pin directly heated triode (DHT) tube families, L2 delivers an unmatched listening experience with its exceptional resolution, tonality, and “reach out and touch the performer” sense of realism. Superb linearity and extra-wide bandwidth recover delicate nuances and provide incomparable texture, layering, and spaciousness. And when it comes to bass response, L2’s articulation of each and every note is phenomenal.
At the heart of the L2 Signature Preamplifier is Vinnie Rossi’s latest Class-A, ultra wide bandwidth, DHT topology powered by patented Belleson super-regulated, dual mono linear power supplies. L2 exemplifies elegant simplicity and finesse in communicating all the emotion and passion in the music.
Each L2 Signature Preamplifier is meticulously hand-built and tested by Vinnie Rossi himself. Its no-compromise construction and use of the highest-quality components assure the listener of reliable performance for many years.
* Production of the L2 Signature Preamplifier, along with optional L2 Dac and L2 Phonostage modules (see tabs below) begins September 2018!
* Click on the tabs below to learn more.
* View the all new Vinnie Rossi L2 Signature Monoblocks >>
L2 Signature Preamplifier Features
- Vinnie Rossi’s latest Class-A, ultra wide bandwidth directly heated triode (DHT) preamplifier design, compatible with: 2A3, 45, 300B, PX4, 101D, 205D, and SV811 DHT families with one-switch filament voltage selection.
- Dual 100VA toroidal power supply transformers and over 100,000uF of very low ESR power supply rail capacitance.
- Dual-mono power supply design using multiple patented Belleson super regulators for ultra-quiet voltage regulation of the L&R triode B+, L&R triode filaments, and power to the L2 DAC and L2 Phonostage modules (optional).
- Discrete, 64-step resistor ladder volume control using Pickering England silent signal relays.
- True active balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs and outputs.
- Dual 12V Trigger output jacks with on/off control switch on front panel.
- Internal, switch-selectable “DHT bypass mode” (Replaces DHT with only one Class A JFET stage) and front panel display/LED brightness controls.
- Yamamoto solid Teflon UX-4 tube sockets.
- Solid, precision CNC machined aluminum chassis and “bank vault” ball bearing control knobs.
- Mesh tube covers for added protection and noise shielding, with matching mesh ventilation on top panel.
- Included tubes: EH2A3 Gold-Grid (matched pair).
- Full-function aluminum remote control handset.
- Designed and manufactured in the USA.
- 10-year warranty.
- Includes custom, military-grade hard travel case.
L2 Signature Preamplifier Specifications
L2 DAC Features
- Bit-perfect playback at sampling rates up to PCM 768kHz (16, 24, or 32 bit compatible), as well up to DSD512. Sample rates are viewable from front panel display.
- Dual-mono design, with one flagship AKM AK44497EQ d/a chip per channel.
- Fully discrete, pure Class-A JFET analog outputs stage design with cascode constant-current source biasing (no opamps).
- On-board FPGA buffer and femto-reclocking circuitry negates effects of jitter. Isolated input stages.
- ‘NOS’ (non-oversampling) filter mode with digital filter bypass, as well as a Minimal Phase digital filter mode (selected via the “FILTER” button on the L2 Remote).
- Absolute polarity ‘normal’ / Absolute polarity ‘inverted’ modes (selected via the “PHASE” button on the L2 Remote).
- Belleson Super-regulated voltage feed to numerous ultra-low noise, linear voltage regulators used throughout (for both digital and analog sections).
- “Silent” mute ‘reed relays’ (*barely* an audible click from the board when changing tracks of a different sample rate).
- Inputs: 1 USB, 1 Coax (75-ohm BNC, with included RCA adapter) and 1 TOSLINK (optical).
- Connect up to three devices and switch between them via L2 front panel or the remote handset.
|L2 DAC Specifications|
|Output Voltage:||2.0V rms|
|Output Impedance:||< 100 ohms|
|Playback Bit Rates Accepted (PCM):||16, 24, 32|
|PCM Playback||Windows PC: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176, 192, 352, 384, 705, and 768kHz – driver included.
Mac OSX: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176, 192, 352, 384, 705, and 768kHz – no driver required.
Sonore: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176, 192, 352, 384, 705, and 768kHz
|DSD Playback||Windows PC: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, and DSD512 (both Native mode, and DoP) – driver included.
Mac OSX: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 (DoP) – no driver required.
Sonore: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, and DSD512 (both Native mode, and DoP)
L2 Phonostage Features
- Inputs: 1 set of Moving Magnet (MM), 2 sets of Moving Coil (MC).
- Built-in MC remote handset adjustable cartridge loading (10 – 1000 ohms) on the fly, load setting viewable from L2 front panel display.
- Adjustable gain jumpers for MM and MC inputs.
- Belleson Super-Regulated split-supply voltage rails.
- Low noise, low output impedance design.
- 4-layer PCB with separate ground planes for analog and digital (control circuitry).
- Cardas input jacks.
- Connect up to three tone arms and switch between them via L2 front panel or the remote handset.
|L2 Phonostage Specifications|
|MM Gain Settings:||40dB, 46dB|
|MC Gain Settings:||60dB, 66dB, 72dB|
|Output Impedance:||< 100 ohms
|Noise (3Vrms output, 1kHz):||> 90dBV|
|THD (3Vrms output, 1kHz):||< 0.002%|
|RIAA Accuracy (20 – 20kHz):||+/- 0.5dB|
|Output DC Offset Voltage:||< 2mV (servo controlled)|