The heart and soul of your system.
Brama Preamplifier’s linestage is Vinnie Rossi’s realization of the audiophile dream – having it both ways, each at the highest possible level of performance:
Whether you are seeking the tonally rich and holographic presentation of 300B directly-heated triodes, or the absolute purity of solid-state, the Brama Preamplifier is the only one in the world that lets you enjoy both sonic presentations with the press of a button.
Fully balanced, dual mono input-to-output architecture is positioned directly behind the rear panel for the shortest possible signal paths. Super-regulated power supplies for both the power rails and 300B heating supply achieve ultra-low noise and optimal transient response.
Pure analog emotion.
The front panel of the Brama Preamplifier reveals a clean layout, luxurious feel, and timeless design that intentionally excludes digital displays and push buttons.
Each bespoke, analog gauge features precision air core movements, responsive driver circuitry, and machined aluminum hands. Sapphire glass and highly-polished stainless bezels seamlessly integrate the gauges to the front panel.
Solid aluminum knobs on the front panel are attached to Swiss-made, precision-stepped rotary switches that give manual control an incredibly satisfying feel.
As with all Brama gauges, backlight intensity is adjustable via the Brama Remote and is visually stunning, day or night!
You already know how to use it.
Brama Remote’s intuitive menu structure, high resolution display, and tactile push buttons provide you with seamless control of your listening experience.
A built-in ambient light sensor and accelerometer automatically controls the display brightness and senses when you are ready to take control. Bluetooth communication with your Brama Preamplifier means there are no line-of-sight or range issues, and USB-C connectivity makes battery recharging and firmware updates easy.
Brama Remote is machined from a solid block of aluminum and uses sapphire glass for the display area, offering remarkable scratch resistance and clarity.
Power with perception.
Combining responsiveness with resiliency, Brama Preamplifier’s massive power supply boasts a custom-wound 1750VA, magnetically shielded transformer with a highly inductive, insulated core.
Dual secondary windings feed independent, dual-mono linear power supply PCBs. Ultrafast soft recovery diodes, massive filter capacitors, and super-regulated outputs deliver vanishingly low noise and superb transient response.
The AC mains power is continuously monitored for fault conditions, delivering protection and notification to the Brama Remote in microseconds. No need to replace interior fuses, as our Hall-effect current sensors deliver advanced protection faster than you can blink!
Opening a new chapter…
Brama Preamplifier incorporates advanced electrical, mechanical and industrial design techniques throughout. Starting with a low-resonance plinth, the entire chassis is machined from solid aluminum billet that is finely bead-blasted, anodized and laser engraved for a spectacular finish that feels as premium as it looks.
Inside the Brama is equally impressive. Multilayer, gold immersion PCBs with high copper content meticulously route analog, power, and fault-protection circuitry.
Every Brama is hand assembled and tested, one at a time, in our new manufacturing facility in Massachusetts, USA and is backed by a 10-year warranty.
• Volume control: 100-step, resistor ladder topology
• Input select: 1 through 5
• Gain: -12dB, -6dB, 0dB, +6dB, +12dB
• Triode mode: 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
• Balance: 12-steps L/R from center
• Phase: Normal/Inverted outputs
• Memory Inputs: Yes (each input saves the setting for Triode,
Gain, Balance, and Phase)
• Home Theater Bypass mode: Yes
• Left gauge: Input, Balance, Triode (%), and Gain (dB), with
indicator LEDs to show the parameter being adjusted
• Right gauge: Volume mode (0-100) and VU mode, with indicator
LEDs to show mode selected
• Gauge backlight: Off, Low, Medium, High
• Gauge Glass: Sapphire crystal
• Left knob: 24-position, Swiss rotary encoder with magnetic
sensing and built-in push-button switch for powering On/Off (3-second
• Right knob: 48-position, Swiss rotary encoder with magnetic
sensing and built-in push-button switch for MUTE (quick press) and
Volume/VU mode select (3-second push-and-hold)
• Line-level inputs: 5 sets of XLR inputs
(1 set of RCA-to-XLR adapters are included)
• Line-level outputs: 3 sets of XLR outputs (volume controlled)
• Trigger outputs: 2
• AC input jack: IEC 320-C14 with built-in fuse holder
• 2.4” high-resolution LCD display with sapphire glass
• Connectivity to Brama: Bluetooth
• Adjustable backlight
• 3.7V Li-ion rechargeable battery (user replaceable)
• USB-C jack (for battery charging and firmware updates)
• Built-in accelerometer (for automatic wake up from sleep mode)
• Machined from a solid block of aluminum
• Transformer: Custom-designed, 1750VA toroid with dual-mono
secondary windings. Encapsulated in epoxy resin and shielded.
• Belleson SPX-VR super-regulated power supplies for L/R
linestage section and 300B cathode heating.
• Separate, isolated power module for control and gauge circuitry.
• AC mains voltage (under and overvoltage protection)
• 300B under and overcurrent protection
• Preamplifier outputs (overcurrent protection)
• Automatic reporting to Brama Remote (diagnostics)
Operating Voltage Range: 100-125Vac or 210-250Vac, 50/60Hz
(transformer primaries are automatically switched based on the
AC mains voltage detected)
THD+N (solid-state linestage): < 0.01% (20Hz – 20kHz)
THD+N (300B Triode linestage): < 1% (20Hz – 20kHz)
Frequency Response: 5Hz – 100kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (0% Triode mode): > 110dB (20Hz – 20kHz)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (100% Triode mode): > 100dB (20Hz – 20kHz)
Input Impedance: 100k ohm
Gain: Adjustable (-12dB, -6dB, 0dB, +6dB, or +12_________________________________
Output Voltage: 20Vrms, max. (balanced outputs)
Output Impedance: < 100 ohms
IEC Jack Fuse: 10A, Slow Blow (5x20mm)
Power consumption (idle): 45W
Product Weight: 80 lbs (36 kg)
Product Dimensions (including knobs, jacks, feet):
20.5″ width x 16.25″ depth x 5.75″ height (520mm x 410mm x 145mm)
Remote Dimensions: 6″ x 2″ x 0.5″ (150mm x 50mm x 12.5mm)
Shipping Weight: 105 lbs (48 kg)
Shipping Carton Dimensions: 24″ x 24″ x 14″ (610mm x 610mm x 355mm)
• Vinnie Rossi reserves the right to change product features and/or specifications without notice to improve reliability, function, design, or otherwise.