LIO DSD/PCM DAC Module
The LIO DSD/PCM DAC (digital-to-analog converter) combines high resolution with a rich, natural midrange to provide you with an excitingly involving and musical presentation from any digital audio stream. Via the USB, coaxial, and optical inputs you can connect up to three digital audio sources such as CD players, portable digital audio players (DAPs), media servers, PCs and any other source with digital outputs.
We achieve lifelike sound staging and stereo imaging using a dual-mono implementation with independent AKM d/a converters per channel, allowing you to take full advantage of your high resolution PCM and DSD music files. Add icing onto the cake by combining the DSD/PCM DAC module with the optional tube output stage to provide a greater level of midrange seduction and realism.
Sonore microRendu Power Output (LIO “DSD/PCM DAC+”)
This custom option provides a patented Belleson super-regulated power output jack on the LIO DAC’s rear plate (derived from LIO’s internal ultracapacitor power supply) – exclusively designed for the all new Sonore microRendu audiophile micro computer! Includes 12 in. power cable to microRendu and 6 in. USB jumper cable to connect from microRendu to LIO DSD/PCM DAC.
DSD/PCM DAC Features
- Converts both PCM and DSD digital audio streams to pristine analog
- Bit-perfect playback at sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 384kHz (16, 24, or 32 bit compatible). Sample rates are viewable from front panel display
- Dual-mono design, with one premium AKM AK4399 d/a chip per channel
- Asynchronous, integer-mode USB functionality
- Select between 0 and 180 degree PHASE settings via remote handset
- Toggle between linear-phase and minimal-phase digital filters via remote handset
- On-board re-clocking circuitry considerably reduces jitter
- Galvanic isolation used for oscillator and re-clocking circuitry
- Ultra-low noise, linear voltage regulators used throughout
- Inputs: 1 USB and 2 SPDIF (75 Ohm coaxial and optical) input jacks
- Connect up to three devices and switch between them via the remote handset
- Swappable daughter board that contains the d/a converter chips and analog output stage – so you can easily upgrade performance as new technologies become available in the future.
|Output Voltage:||2.0V rms|
|Output Impedance:||< 100 ohms|
|Playback Bit Rates Accepted (PCM):||16, 24, 32|
|Playback Sample Rates (PCM):||44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, and 384kHz|
|Playback (DSD):||DSD64, DSD128 via DoP|