Every Vinnie Rossi product incorporates advanced technologies and design techniques to make your music listening more revealing, emotionally engaging and satisfying.
Pure DC-4-EVR Ultracapacitor Technology – Absolutely no Noise
The AC power that comes into your home to power your audio system is highly prone to voltage fluctuations and to picking up noise from household appliances. Both get in the way of maximum audio performance. Many audiophiles use expensive “power conditioners” to reduce the problems – but not eliminate them entirely. We have a much better way:
Both LIO and VR120 feature an all-new, patent-pending power supply design that completely isolates all audio circuitry from the AC mains power at all times. You don’t need expensive power filters, power cords, or conditioners to achieve ultimate in musical resolution.
Vinnie Rossi’s all-new, revolutionary and patent-pending “PURE DC-4-EVR” technology employs ultracapacitor banks in place of conventional AC power or batteries. While one bank of ultracapacitors is feeding pure DC current to the audio circuits, the other bank is charging. The audio circuitry is NEVER connected to the charging ultracapacitor bank and is 100% isolated from the AC mains at all times. This approach provides dramatic performance and durability advantages over every other power supply technology – whether AC or battery powered.
Compared to traditional AC powered components:
- LIO / VR120’s audio circuits are completely isolated from the AC mains. No matter how grungy, noisy and inconsistent the AC coming out of your wall happens to be, you will never hear anything less than utterly quiet, perfectly detailed sound.
- Absolutely Zero AC hum and noise for a completely “black” background from which the subtlest musical information emerges with perfect clarity.
- No need for expensive power conditioners, “audiophile” power cords or dedicated power lines.
- Super high current supply – as there is no AC to DC conversion inside the component, so LIO/VR120 has no transformers or bridge rectifiers that choke instantaneous current and make noise. You will enjoy greater dynamics with tight, precise bass response along with more open and extended treble.
Compared to battery powered components:
- Super-fast charging time.
- Lifespan rated at 1,000,000 cycles (compare that to 2,000 cycles for the best Lithium battery topologies). You will never need to replace the ultracapacitors and will enjoy a lifetime of use.
- Higher current output to run LIO / VR120’s MOSFET power amplifier.
- Environmentally friendly – uses no heavy metals and has no disposal issues.
- Maintenance free.
- Cleanest, high-current DC power supply yet!
- Ultra-low internal resistance of < 0.003 ohms per cell, delivering higher DC current than any other storage device.
- No memory effects for a lifetime of perfect musical performance
The end of obsolescence, the rebirth of lasting value.
LIO is a modular system that gives you the ability to add features and upgrades at any time. It is designed for long-term ownership, with the ability to easily configure it for your current and future needs.
Unlike conventional high-end audio components, where multiple boxes are connected to each other by costly noise-and-distortion-inducing interconnect cables, LIO offers a modular approach that offers flawless signal flow, combats planned obsolescence, and offers the highest value by consolidating multiple functions into one chassis and power supply. Compare the cost of a well-configured LIO with the cost of similar ultra-high-end performance separate components. LIO will cost you hundreds, even thousands less and will never become obsolete!
With LIO you can configure a system that perfectly combines all of your current audio needs into one chassis. When you are ready to add functionality or upgrade to new technology, simply add and/or change circuit cards. LIO is 100% user updatable via plug in modules (no soldering or special electronics knowledge needed). You never have to take a big loss on a used component sale to maintain state of the art.
- >Clean and intuitive user interface
- Front panel display, and mode select to view operational data (Volume level, Input source, DAC frequency, Phonostage loading, display on/off)
- Full function remote control included
- Easy to remove sliding top plate for quick access to internal modules
- Dedicated, super-low noise linear power regulation and isolation between modules
- Small, external ac/dc power adapter – keeps any ac noise away from your music
- User-replaceable front, side, and top plates to allow for the customization of the product aesthetics at any time.
Optimized Signal Path
Some people have come to believe that audiophile grade interconnect cables make systems sound better. We don’t see it that way – a cable’s job is to get signal from Point A to Point B without changing it. A cable can’t improve the sound; it can only avoid making it worse. Very good cables simply get out of the way. The best cable is no cable!
But the kinds of cables that have near-zero signal effect are expensive. A typical system with multiple separate sources would need at least four pair of interconnect cables ranging in total cost from $400 for low-mid-grade to $2000 for high-mid-grade, to many thousands for cost-no-object cables.
LIO has a better way. Each Performance Module is connected to other modules and LIO’s PURE DC-4-EVR power supply via LIO’s unique motherboard that routes audio signal and power traces optimally. These signal and power paths are extremely short (just a few inches – not meters) to avoid picking up noise from external devices. LIO’s Optimized Signal Path approach also avoids the distortion effects generated by the resistance and capacitance that even the best cables introduce. With LIO you do not need distortion-inducing interconnect cables at all; LIO gives you the most transparent sound with the least cost. What could you do with a spare $2000?
Shielding and Noise Suppression
A vital element for the purest, most accurate and most realistic audio experience is a complete absence of noise. Besides its PURE DC-4EVR ultracapacitor power supply, all LIO components and the VR120 Power Amplifier utilize other technologies to ensure that your music emerges from the blackest background.
There are no transformers inside the chassis that could induce hum and noise. Every module has its own dedicated, low-noise linear voltage regulation stage fed by the clean, isolated ultracapacitor bank. And all performance modules are isolated from each other via their own dedicated linear regulators and filtering.
LIO’s power grounds, analog grounds, and digital grounds are all isolated from each other and star grounded directly to the aluminum chassis.
But external sources can also introduce noise into any component. For example, interconnect cables can pick up radio frequency (RF) and electro-magnetic field (EMF) noise from a variety of sources including common household appliances, audio, video, and computer components as well as cellular and Wi-Fi devices. The integrated nature of LIO means there are fewer interconnect cables in your system, minimizing the possibility of introducing noise. We are fond of saying “the best sounding cable is no cable.”