LIO DSD/PCM DAC
The LIO DSD/PCM DAC (digital-to-analog converter) allows you to enjoy maximum fidelity from all your digital music sources, including legacy PCM and the latest super resolution DSD formats. It combines high resolution with a rich, natural midrange to provide you with an exciting, involving and richly detailed musical presentation from any digital audio stream. This groundbreaking component provides USB, coaxial, and optical inputs to connect up to three digital audio sources such as CD players, portable digital audio players (DAPs), media servers, and PCs.
We achieve lifelike sound staging, wide stereo separation and three-dimensional imaging using a dual-mono implementation with independent AKM d/a converters per channel. The icing on the cake is the optional tube output stage that provides a greater level of midrange seduction and realism.
And because LIO DSD/PCM DAC takes a modular design approach, it can evolve to meet your future needs and keep up with new digital technologies. LIO signals the end of obsolescence and the rebirth of lasting value and long-term ownership.
Ultracapacitor Power Supply
LIO’s patent-pending, ultracapacitor power supply (“PURE DC-4-EVR”) completely isolates all audio circuitry from the noise and voltage fluctuations of AC mains power – without the need for an external power conditioner. Music flows from LIO in the most natural way, free of grain and background noise. Its vanishingly low output impedance ensures the highest possible current to deliver stunning transient attack with bass that is extended and impactful, yet tight and well defined.
LIO DSD/PCM DAC MODULE
- Converts both PCM and DSD digital audio streams to pristine analog
- Bit-perfect playback at sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 384kHz (16, 24, or 32 bit compatible). Sample rates are viewable from front panel display
- Dual-mono design, with one premium AKM AK4399 d/a chip per channel
- Asynchronous, integer-mode USB functionality
- On-board re-clocking circuitry considerably reduces jitter
- Galvanic isolation used for oscillator and re-clocking circuitry
- Ultra-low noise, linear voltage regulators used for each stage
- Connect up to three devices and switch between them via the remote handset
- Inputs: 1 USB and 2 SPDIF (75 Ohm coaxial and optical) input jacks
- Cardas RCA output jacks
Remote Control Handset
A premium, solid aluminum remote control handset gives you convenient mastery of every function, including the ability to change both absolute phase and digital filter type (linear-phase and minimal-phase) on the fly from your listening chair.
Industry-leading 10-year Warranty
Made in the USA
LIO DSD/PCM DAC
|Dimensions:||Approx. 17.5″ wide x 13.5″ deep x 4.5″ tall (445mm x 343mm x 114mm)|
|Output Voltage:||2.0V rms|
|Output Impedence:||< 100 ohms|
|Playback Bit Rates Accepted (PCM):||16, 24, 32|
|Playback Sample Rates (PCM):||44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, and 384kHz|
|Playback (DSD):||DSD64, DSD128 via DoP|
|External Power Adapter:||100 – 240Vac, 50/60Hz. Detachable IEC power cord|
|Shipping Weight:||approximately 25 lbs. (11.4 g)|
|Included Tubes:||JJ E88CC (matched pair)|
|Accepted Tubes:||6922/E88CC, 6DJ8/ECC88, 7308/E188CC, 7DJ8/PCC88, 6N23, 6H23, 6N11, and 6GM8|
|Output Impedence:||< 200 ohms|
|Frequency Response:||10Hz – 110kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)|
LIO TUBESTAGE (+$895)
If you crave the richer, fuller presentation of tubes, add this tubestage to your LIO DAC. It features Class-A operation, constant-current auto-biasing, constant-current tube filament supply, precision voltage regulation, and other tweaks that keep the parts count low and circuit path clean. Tubestage’s stock tubes are JJ E88CC, our favorite “basic” new production tube, matched to within 0.5dB. If you are a tube aficionado and enjoy trying different tubes, you can easily switch to any 6922 dual triode family tubes to achieve the exact sound you’re looking for.
- Two E88CC dual triodes (one per channel)
- Single-ended, Class-A design
- Constant current source / auto-biasing
- Auto-mute during tube warm-up
- No DC-DC converters – only clean linear regulation